Assurco’s impartial ISO 14001 Auditors can assess your Environmental Management System against your own policies, processes, procedures; and the requirements of the internationally recognised standard for Environmental Management System (EMS).
In addition, we can engage an audit team including specialist auditors to cover industry specific iterations of the standard such as:
- ISO 14064-1 Part 1: Specification with guidance at the organisation level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals
- ISO 14067:2018: Greenhouse gases — Carbon footprint of products — Requirements and guidelines for quantification
ISO 14001 Audit Programme
We will assign a Lead ISO 14001 Auditor to your organisation who will work with you to define the scope of your audit requirement considering:
- The products and services provided,
- Physical Locations and Local Legislation,
- Relevant third parties.
- Aspects & Impacts of your organisation affecting the environment.
We will then create an audit programme based on your intended audit objectives.
There are many reasons to perform an ISO 14001 Audit including:
- Testing the effectiveness of operating processes,
- Quantifying and Managing Environmental Impacts,
- Demonstrating corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social governance (ESG),
- Meeting the Internal Audit Requirements of clause 9.2,
- Preparing for a Certification Audits,
- Providing reassurance to stakeholders.
ISO 14001 Audit Guidelines
Our ISO 14001 auditors will follow the guidelines established by the ISO 14001 Auditing Practices Group which provides ideas, examples and explanations for auditing specific aspects of the ISO 14001 standard.
ISO 14001 Audit Field Work & Audit Report
During the audit fieldwork we will test your management system and operational processes using risk-based sampling techniques. Any findings will be raised based on the objective evidence sampled, and we’ll be transparent about this during the audit.
A full audit report is provided, including positive observations, which can be presented to leadership and other stakeholders as a measure of the effectiveness of your EMS. The audit report should always be shared in full.
ISO 14001 Audit Findings & Remediations
Assurco does not provide consultancy advice, however our auditors are trained to provide enough information within audit reports for you to understand the nonconformances and find a suitable corrective action.
We will also prioritise weaker areas of your ISO 14001 quality management system in future audits, taking a risk-based approach.